Patrick Lencioni and Organizational Health: The Last Untapped Competitive Advantage
In Patrick Lencioni’s latest book, The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else in Business, he makes the overwhelming case that organizational health “will surpass all other disciplines in business as the greatest opportunity for improvement and competitive advantage.”
While so many leaders limit their search for an advantage to conventional and largely exhausted areas like marketing, strategy and technology, Lencioni demonstrates that there is an untapped gold mine sitting right beneath them. Instead of trying to become smarter, he asserts that leaders and organizations need to shift their focus to becoming healthier, allowing them to tap into the more-than-sufficient intelligence and expertise they already have.
A healthy organization is characterized by one that has minimal politics and confusion, high degrees of morale and productivity, and very low turnover among good employees.
Drawing on his twenty year experience consulting to some of the world’s leading teams and reaffirming many of the themes cultivated in his other best-selling books, Lencioni will reveal the four actionable steps to achieving long-term, sustainable success with special concentration on teamwork and collaboration.
Learning Points for Participants
Lencioni will share his passion for organizational health and illustrate why it is the last enduring competitive advantage available in business today. Using his humor and storytelling skills, he will share real life examples of a handful of companies that have mastered this process and are thriving in spite of challenging market conditions.
Next, Lencioni will present a thorough overview of each of the four disciplines. He will focus on the following key areas while providing you with practical advice and solutions:
- Developing a culture of teamwork and trust
- Fostering productive conflict and peer accountability
- Ensuring a steadfast commitment to the collective results of your team
- Creating clarity and alignment in your organization
- Each participant will receive a mini-library consisting of leadership articles by Patrick Lencioni and his team
- A copy of the slides from the presentation
- A toolkit to help implement new ways to interact with others immediately upon their return to work
- An invitation for a post-workshop debriefing session to support and integrate behavioral change
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
Room Location: Palomino Room, BMO Centre (formerly Roundup Centre) 20 Roundup Way SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 2W1
Event Day Schedule:
7:30 – 8:30 Networking Breakfast with Patrick Lencioni
8:30 – 12:15 Symposium
12:30 – 14:00 Sponsor Representatives Luncheon (Private Event)
12:30 – 14:00 Exclusive Private Luncheon Meeting with Patrick and the Pinnacle Sponsor group only